Bogotá as a location
Colombia & Bogotá – the perfect place to exhibit
Colombia as a country and especially the city of Bogotá offer best opportunities for your business activities and trade fair participation. The following facts will help you finding out the reasons why.
Key facts about Colombia:
- Colombia is the third largest economy in Central and South America.
- Colombia offers a geographically preferred location as the trade-hub to the Andean region and as a bridge between Central and South America.
- The country’s location allows strategically access to the entire Latin American as well as the Caribbean market.
- Due to limited local production Colombia’s food, pharma and cosmetic economy highly depends on imported equipment. especially for the converting, processing and packaging machine sector.
- As part of the Pacific Alliance Colombia is your gateway to the markets in Mexico, Peru and Chile.
- Colombia facilitates market access through several free trade agreements e.g. with the European Union, the USA and South Korea.
- Coming along with the free trade agreements the depletion of tariffs and other trade restrictions significantly lowers market entry costs for international companies into this dynamic and booming market.
Bogotá - trade fair city and industrial location
- Bogotá is the economic engine of the country and a crucial player in Latin America‘s economy. 25% of the Colombian GDP is generated here. Bogota is also recognized for having one of the best business environments in Latin America.
- Bogota’s central location and direct air connections make it an ideal location to serve the local and regional markets. The city is the major cargo air hub and the third largest passenger transport hub in Latin America.
- Bogotá and the surrounding region comprise Colombia’s main production center of packed food: 40 of the top 100 companies in the industry are located in Bogotá and Cundinamarca.
- Bogotá as a special economic zone with tax and customs benefits for foreign investors offers further sector-specific tax reductions: The entire trade fairground of Corferias in Bogotá is a tax free zone for the import of products declared „exhibition goods“ that are not sold on the trade fair.
- Bogotá is the capital and largest city in Colombia. A melting pot of people from around the country, it is diverse and multicultural, with a blend of modern and colonial architecture. The predominant colors in Bogotá are the green of the city’s many parks and the eastern mountains overlooking the sanctuaries of Monserrate and Guadalupe, and the rich red of its many brick buildings. Click here and find out why to travel to Bogotá.